- Family name: Pedaliaceae
- Japanese name: SHAMPUNOKI
- English name: mouse trap tree
- Scientific name: Uncarina grandidieri
- Country of origin: Madagascar (southwestern and southern regions)
- It is a succulent deciduous shrub. Yellow flowers bloom at the end of the dry season. Propagation is performed by seeding or cutting. It is xerotolerant. The viscous liquid obtained by soaking the raw leaves in water is used as a shampoo. In addition, the fruits are covered with a sharp-edged thorns and are used for catching mice.
Leaf (shampoo), fruit (catching mice)
Return to List
〒680-0001 鳥取市浜坂1390 TEL 0857-23-3411
Copyright © 2014 Arid Land Research Center, Tottori University. All Rights Reserved.