Vacancy Announcement for Project Researchers (Part-time)
The Arid Land Research Center (ALRC) is a “Joint Usage / Research Center” working on the field of dryland science. Our missions are to tackle issues facing drylands such as desertification and drought, and to promote researches that contribute to the sustainable development of the drylands. .
We are now recruiting young researchers with outstanding research abilities who can contribute to our research activities.
The details of the position are as follows:
1. Research Subject: Project researcher(s) will work closely with the host faculty to contribute to ALRC’s prioritized research topics (please see the appendix “Prioritized research topics of the Arid Land Research Center” for details).
You can go visit our website to explore further details of current research projects of ALRC:
2. Positions available: A few
(1) Applicant must be a young researcher who has or is expected to obtain a doctoral degree.
(2) Any nationality is acceptable. (In the case of foreign nationality, the applicant must have proficiency in communication skills in Japanese.)
4. Term of Employment: On April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 (Contract may be renewable)
5. Documents required:
(1) Curriculum vitae (CV) (must include applicant’s professional picture and signature)
(2) Dossier (use attached form)
(3) Certificate of completion of M.Sc.
(4) Certificate of completion / expected completion of Ph.D.
(5) Letter of recommendation
(6) Statement of purpose and research plan at the Arid Land Research Center. (2 pages in A4 size. The statement of purpose and research plan must be written under supervision of the host faculty [see attached document for the host faculty list]. Name of the host faculty should be clearly stated in those documents.)
6. Application deadline: Friday, January 18, 2019
7. Screening system:
The selection committee members will select the qualified person based on the application documents.
8. Place of submission and inquiry:
Arid land Research Center, Tottori University
1390 Hamasaka, Tottori, 680-0001 JAPAN
Applicant must be able to help ALRC with Center’s events (open house and outreach activities etc.) and tour guide the center visitors.
Treatment: Part-time (30 hours per week)
(1) Salary will be determined depending on experience in accordance with Tottori University’s regulations.
Tottori University Part-Time Employee Salary Rules
(2) Commuting allowance, health insurance, welfare annuity insurance, employment insurance and worker’s compensation insurance will be provided.
Tottori University Part-Time Employee Work Rules