- "UNCCD COP13" will be held in 6-16 September 2017, Ordos, China. On 9 Sep., NIEER and ALRC will have the side event.
- ALRC Staff's visit was put on the Saudi Aramco weekly pubiliction
- Google Scholar page open
- 7 Feb. Tokyo International Symposium "Combating Desertification
- Assistant Prof. Masanori Okamoto has selected as a highly cited researcher in 2016.
- Photobooks of Drylands Vol.1 "Nature and Life in Drylands; Mongolia" published on Nov. 1st.
- Visiting Professor of the Arid Land Research Center, Prof. Elsheikh made a courtesy call to President Teshima
- Assoc. Prof. Shinji OTANI: A contribution to the "Global Assessment of Sand and Dust Storms" (published by UNEP)
- co-hosted Twelfth International Conference on Development of Drylands (ICDD)
- Updated "Message from the Director"
- 1st Apr. Web-site Renewal. Research Division reorganaized.
- Dr. YASUDA joined and speeched at the First Environmental Conferene on Green Belt Implementation in Sudan, on 12 and 13 Mar..
- "Project Marginal Region Agriculture"web-site OPEN
- 2014 Booklet Upload
- Published from Springer "Restoration and Development of the Degraded Loess Plateau, China (Ecological Research Monographs)